Friday, September 18, 2015

SHOESTRING: Dry Erase Learning

I have been thinking a lot lately about the preschool children.  My daughter-in-law has spent the last two years teaching at a high poverty school in Charleston SC.  She said these kids are at a such a huge disadvantage because of the lack of preparation and environment at home.  I imagine these preschool kids who will receive these boxes probably are also lacking in basic preparation.  I have been working on some projects that are fun but also can help develop some needed skills.  More on this later,  

But in this vein, Toys R Us has a 5 pack of flexible white boards in their on-line clearance. $1.48.  I think they could easily be cut in half to fit in a box.

Punch a hole in the corner, tie a dry erase marker on a string, ditto a small cleaning cloth.  

it is lined on one side and blank on the other.

What do you all think about this idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment