Thursday, September 10, 2015

SHOESTRING: APRONS FROM MEN'S SHIRTS


The Goodwill in Upstate SC marks their items down differently than they do at home in Atlanta.  Atlanta takes 50% off for the color of the week, Upstate marks the color of the week to 50 CENTS. I thought about what I could do for a shoebox with one of the men's shirts.

I did my own thing but you can find a tutorial here for the green apron above.


I used one sleeve to make the ties.

I ended up with an apron, two little button pouches from the cuffs.  I still have one sleeve and the back left over.  Any ideas what to do with the leftovers?

I need to give everything a good press (I don't have a full size ironing board here) and a spray or two of starch to make it look crisp.

I was worried that the recipient might not realize what it is, a strange backless dress?  I made some tags that you can download and pin to your aprons, in English, Spanish, and French.






No comments:

Post a Comment