Friday, October 23, 2015

Craft Or Creative items

I always like to include creative, crafty, items in my shoe boxes for both boys and girls. I think all kids need to express themselves in this way. 

I am particularly like this idea. I found these stencil at Oriental Trading ($1.88 for 12). I also got a jungle set for boys. These paper doll stencils should be fun for a long time. 

At Ollies, found a tablet of 200 sheets of construction paper for $3.69.  I have access to an industrial paper cutter and cut the pad into quarters. I split each quarter into smaller stacks. Ended up with 24 stacks at 15 cents each. 

You can check with your church or school as they often have paper cutters that can handle a big stack. I bet you could get print shop to do if for free. 

Put the four stencils and the construction paper into a ziplock sandwich bag. I had some small sheets of patterned cardstock already cut and stuck it in the bag. 

Cost effective:  .63 + .15
creative and long lasting
Something to share with friends and doesn't take up a lot of room in the box. 


1 comment:

  1. I wanted some computer cut into quarters for the little packets I made for fillers for processing center. I took the paper to Staples, and they cut a big stack for $2.00. I didn't have access to a paper cutter otherwise. I didn't think $2.00 was bad for the 25 bags the paper went into. I also put 4 pencils, 2 pens, a mini pen, an eraser, a pencil sharpener, a small activity pad, a mini notebook a stack of index cards, a mini notebook, stickers, a cello pack of 4 crayons,and 2 rolls of Smarties. The bags turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete